Sunday, October 17, 2010

On the verge

Happy Monday! I’m fightin' sleep right now ‘cause I know once I go to sleep it’ll be time for me to get up and drive out to Fairfax to that crappy ass, stressful place. I’m a Williams though; I’ll make it work. I try to think of it this way, people endure some crazy stuff before they are catapulted to greatness. So, I was sitting, watching TV and thinking about the conversation my friend and I were having about me trying out modeling again. I was tellin’ him that I had the opportunity a long while ago to model. It was something serious. I was going to sign under John Casablancas. I was in High School and I was asked to make a choice. Finish HS or model. Those of you who know me, you know what I chose. School. Not that I regret my choice because I now have two degrees: my advanced Diploma and memories galore from High School and my BA in Communication from my beloved GMU. Now, as I look at where I am and consider where I can go I wonder, what’s next? There are a lot of things that I want to do with myself and things I want to experience, modeling being one of those. I’ll admit I have issues with image, you wouldn’t think it, but I can be quite the perfectionist when it comes to how I look. I don’t know if you want to call it vanity or self-consciousness. Honestly, I think it’s a bit of both. For me, modeling isn’t just so I can look pretty and go places (of course that’s wonderful), but it’s about growth and not having regrets. Who wants to say that they wasted their potential? I've been blessed with a lot of it, sometimes I lack the follow-thru 'cause I talk myself out of it. Always helps to have friends who are in my corner even when I don't know they are there (you know who you are). In addition to the modeling I’d been talkin’ about making a list of things that I want to do or learn how to do; a bucket list of sorts. Can I just tell ya’ll that I get excited just thinkin’ about the kind of opportunities a list like this can bring, the people I’ll meet and the times I’ll have. Whooo! Anyway, here are a few of the items:

1)Learn how to make beats. I love music. I’ve played instruments for years and if I can be on the other end of that, make my own music, OMG!
2)Go to a professional NBA and/or NFL game (Super Bowl would be awesome, maybe I'll find my husband there, haha!)
3)Pick up my camera and start taking and developing photos again.

And the ultimate, dun dun dunnnn dunnnnn…

4)Become a celebrity event planner!!! How awesome would that be? You guys already know I live for creating things and organizing stuff. Wow, I would love to wake up to my very own business every morning. What a blessing that would be.

Anyway, I’m rambling and I need to take my hype butt to sleep lol. I’m on the verge of making that move ya’ll…give ya girl a few months, by my 25th bday (March) I’ll be somewhere livin' a dream. I’m destined for it. I feel it in my spirit! Pray that God gives me the strength and courage to go after it. Let’s do work!

No comments: